Monday, September 3, 2012

update sept. 2012

hey guys!! hope everyone is doing great!! happy labor day!! i had some down time and a new post is long over due. 

so whats going on with me?! 

well school started back on the 23rd of aug. i am now officially a sun devil at arizona state university. (yay) 
my first day was pretty much a tragedy, but with the help of the Lord i made it through. before school started i applied to about 12 different jobs and because the Lord is my provider, i am once again employed. (yay) i received 4 call backs for interviews and two job offers. so i am so very thankful that the Lord cares about the little things going on in my life. we ask him for the minimum and he always goes the extra mile to show us how much he loves us. i not only have a job, but it is right across the street from school, they work with my class schedule, i have the job until graduation and they pay for my parking (which is around $300-$700/year). i never what to take the blessings of the Lord for granted. 

my birthday was on the 28th of aug and what a great birthday it was. i turned 22 0_o (haha) i'm getting up there, but it was an experience and mile marker in life. on the day of my birthday i didn't do much; kinda just spent the day by myself. it was really peaceful and a step back from the busyness that surrounds me. after work i went to sprinkles for my free birthday cupcake and oh how i enjoyed it. while i was sitting outside this lady came and was waiting for the bus. 
she started talking to me and complementing me on my hair. i was wearing it in a half up, half down twist out (sorry no pics). she was an older lady in her 40s and she was telling me how just recently she had decided to do the "big chop" and go natural after many many years of hair abuse. we talked about how our curls are so beautiful and how much healthier natural curly hair looks vs. processed hair. we agreed together how liberating it is to embrace our natural hair. this conversation came very unexpectedly. i have noted the fact that many people at church have made comments about my natural hair, but not many people outside of that. just to think that someone outside of my normal circle is encourage by my choice to wear my hair natural was amazing. 

as the weekend approached the celebration continued. i went out for dinner thursday and friday night with friends and had a great time enjoying my birthday. thank you to all my friends and family who shared their time with me! that's all for now. i will try to stay up to date as much as possible! until next time <3 xoxo <3




5 comments:

  1. Stranger hair compliments are the BEST!!

    Happy Bday (again!). That's a beautiful receipt from BeniHana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW did you get the free cupcake from Sprinkles?! I need to get my sis signed up for that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you go to to their website (http://www.ilovesprinkles.com/birthday/join-the-birthday-club) and sign up for the birthday club!!! =]

      Delete
  3. Jayne! Member me? ;) Been a long time, but I remember when you went to church in Pittsburg. Lonnng ago! lol Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course i remember you jen!!! i remember when you were little (hehe) i miss everyone back in the bay soo much!!! hope all is well and everything is going good in your neck of the woods!!! hope to see you soon!! <3

      ps-thanks for the birthday wishes!!

      Delete